1. Albers JW, Herman WH, Pop-Bussui H et al. Effect of Prior Intensive Insulin Treatment During the Diabetes Control and Complications Trial (DCCT) on Peripheral Neuropathy in Type 1 Diabetes During the Epidemiology of Diabetes Interventions and Complications (EDIC) Study. Diabetes Care 2010; 33(5): 1090–1096.
2. Aschner P, Kipnes MS, Lunceford JK et al. Eff ect of the Dipeptidyl Peptidase-4 Inhibitor Sitagliptin as Monotherapy on Glycemic Control in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2006; 29(12): 2632–2637.
3. Bosi E, Camisasca RP, Collober C et al. Eff ects of vildagliptin on glukose control over 24 weeks in patients with type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled with metformin. Diabetes Care 2007; 30(4): 890–895.
4. Dejager S, Schweizer A, Foley J. Evidence to support the use of vildagliptín monotherapy in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Vasc Health Risk Manag 2012; 8: 339–348.
5. Del Prato S, Barnett AH, Huisman H et al. Eff ect of linagliptin monotherapy on glycaemic control and markers of β-cell function in patients with inadequately controlled type 2 diabetes: a randomized controlled trial. Diabetes Obes Metab 2011; 13(3): 258–267.
6. Fadini GP, Boscaro E et al. The oral dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor sitagliptin increases circulating endothelial progenitor cells in patiens with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Diabetes Care 2010; 33(7): 1607–1609.
7. Frederich R, Alexander JH, Fiedorek FT et al. A systematic assessment of cardiovascular outcomes in the saxagliptin drug development program for type 2 diabetes.Postgrad Med 2010; 122(3): 16–27.
8. Ferrannini E, Fonseca V, Zinman et al. Fifty-two-week effi cacy and safety of vildagliptin vs. glimepiride in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus inadequately controlled on metformin monotherapy. Diabetes Obes Metab 2009; 11(2): 157–166.
9. Gallwitz B, Uhlig-Laske B, Bhattacharaya S et al. Linagliptin has similar efficacy to glimepiride but improved cardiovascular safety over 2 years in patients with type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled on metformin. 71th Scientific Sessions of the ADA, San Diego, California 2011: Late Breaker 39.
10. Gallwitz B, Rosenstock J, Rauch T et al. 2-year effi cacy and safety of linagliptin compared with glimepiride in patients with type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled on metformin: a randomized, double-blind, non-inferiority trial. Lancet 2012; 380(9840): 475–483.
11. Garber AJ, Foley JE, Banerji MA et al. Eff ects of vildagliptin on glucose control in patients with type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled with a sulphonylurea.Diabetes Obes Metab 2008; 10(11):1047–1056.
12. Göke B, Hershon K, Kerr D et al. Effi cacy and Safety of Vildagliptin monotherapy during 2 year treatment of drug naive patients with type 2 diabetes: Comparison with metformin. Horm Metab Res 2008; 40(12): 892–895.
13. Hermansen K, Kipnes M, Luo E et al. Efficacy and safety of the dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor, sitagliptin, in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus inadequately controlled on glimepiride alone or on glimepiride and metformin. Diabetes Obes Metab 2007; 9(5): 733–745.
14. Holman R et al. 10-year follow-up of intensive glucose control in type 2 diabetes. N Engl J Med 2008; 359(15): 1577–1589.
15. Charbonnel B, Karasik A, Liu J et al. Efficacy and safety of the dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor sitagliptin added to ongoing metformin therapy in patients with type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled on metformin alone. Diabetes Care 2006; 29(12): 2638–2643.
16. Inzucchi SE, Bergenstal RM, Buse JB et al. Management of Hyperglycemia in Type 2 Diabetes: A Patient-Centered Approach. Position Statement of the American Diabetes Association (ADA) and the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD). Diabetes Care 2012; 35(6): 1364–1379.
17. Johansen OE, Neubacher D, Eynatten M et al. Cardiovascular safety with linagliptin in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus: a pre-specified, prospective, and adjudicated meta-analysis of a phase 3 programme. Cardiovasc Diabetol 2012; 11.3. Dostupné z DOI: <http://doi: 10.1186/1475–2840–11–3>.
18. JA Johnson, SR Majumdar, SH Simpson. Decreased mortality associated with the use of metformin compared with sulfonylurea monotherapy in type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care 2002; 25(12): 2244–2248.
19. Jose E, Inzucchi E. Cardiovascular eff ects of the DPP-4 inhibitors. Diab Vasc Dis Res 2012; 9(2):109–16. Dostupné z DOI: <http://doi: 10.1177/1479164111436236>.
20. Kothny W, Foley J, Kozlovski P et al. Improved glycaemic control with vildgliptin added to insulin, with or without metformin in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Diabetes Obes Metab 2013; 15(3): 252–257. Dostupné z DOI: <http://doi: 10.1111/dom.12020>.
21. Laviola L, Leonardini A, Melchiorre M et al. Glucagon-Like Peptide-1 Counteracts Oxidative Stress-Dependent Apoptosis of Human Cardiac Progenitor Cells by Inhibiting the Activation of the c-Jun N-terminal Protein Kinase Signaling Pathway. Endocrinology. 2012; 153(12): 5770–5781. Dostupné z DOI: <http://doi: 10.1210/en.2012–1461>.
22. Lønborg J, Vejlstrup N, Kelbæk H et al. Exenatide reduces reperfusion Indry in patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction. Eur Heart J 2012; 33(12):1491–1499.
23. Wing RR (ed) et al. Look AHEAD Research Group. Long-term eff ects of a lifestyle intervention on weight and cardiovascular risk factors in individuals with type 2 diabetes mellitus: four-year results of the Look AHEAD trial. Arch Intern Med 2010; 170(17): 1566–1575.
24. Lukashevich V, Wang M, DelPrato S et al. Vildagliptin efficacy and safety in patients with type 2 diabetes inadfequately controlled on dual metformin plus sulfonylurea therapy. Poster 856. Presented at the 48th EASD 2012, 1–5th Oct, Berlin, Germany.
25. Makdissi A, Ghanim H Vora M et al. Sitagliptin exerts an antinfl ammatory action. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2012; 97(9): 3333–3341. Dostupné z DOI: <http://doi:10.1210/jc.2012–1544>.
26. Nathan DM, Cleary PA, Backlund JY et al. Diabetes Control and Complications Trial/Epidemiology of Diabetes Interventions and Complications (DCCT/EDIC) Study Research Group. Intensive diabetes treatment and cardiovascular disease in patients with type 1 diabetes. N Engl J Med 2005; 353(25): 2643–2653.
27. Nauck MA, Meininger G, Sheng D (eds) et al. Sitagliptin Study 024 Group (2007). Efficacy and safety of the dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor, sitagliptin, compared with the sulfonylurea, glipizide, in patients with type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled on metformin alone: a randomized, double-blind, non-inferiority trial. Diabetes Obes Metab 2007; 9(2): 194–205.
28. Nikolaidis LA, Mankad S, Sokos GG et al. Effects of glucagon like peptide -1 in patients with accute myoacardial infarction and left ventricular dysfunction after successful reperfusion. Circulation 2004; 109(8): 962–965.
29. Owens DR, Swallow R, Dugi KA et al. Efficacy and safety of linagliptin in persons with type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled by a combination of metformin and sulphonylurea: a 24-week randomized study. Diabet Med 2011; 28(11):1352–1361.
30. Pratley RE, Rosenstock J, Schweizer A et al. Management of Type 2 diabetes in treatment –naive elderly patients. Diabetes Care 2007; 30(12): 3017–3020.
31. Read PA, Khan FZ, Heck PM et al. DPP-4 inhibition by sitagliptin improves myocardial response to dobutamine stress and mitigate stunning in a pilot study of patients with acute coronary syndrome. Circ Cardiovasc Image 2010; 3: 195–201.
32. Scheen A, Paquot N. Gliptin versus a sulphonylurea as add-on to metformín. The Lancet 2012; 380(9840): 450–452.
33. Schweizer A, Dejager S, Bosi E. Comparison of vildagliptin and metformín monotherapy in elderly patients with type 2 diabetes: a 24-week, double-blind, randomized trial Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism 2009; 11(8): 804–812.
34. Schweizer A, Couturier A, Foley JE et al. Comparison between vildagliptin and metformin to sustain reductions in HbA1c over 1 year in drug-naive patients with Type 2 diabetes. Diabetic Medicine 2007; 24(9): 955–961.
35. Schweizer A, Dejager S, Foley JE et al. Assessing the cardio-cerebrovascular safety of vildagliptin: meta-analysis of adjudicated events from a large Phase III type 2 diabetes population. Diabetes Obes Metab 2010; 12(6): 485–494.
36. Takahashi M Role of the SDF-1/CXCR4 system in myocardial infarction. Circ J 2010; 74(3): 418–423.
37. Taskinen MR, Rosenstock J, Tamminen I et al. Safety and efficacy of linagliptin as add-on therapy to metformin in patients with type 2 diabetes: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Diabetes Obesity and Metabolism 2011; 13(1): 65–74.
38. Gerstein HC, Miller ME, Byington RP (eds) et al. The Action to Control Cardiovascular Risk in Diabetes Study Group. Effect of intensive glucose lowering in patients with type 2 diabetes. N Engl J Med 2008; 358(24): 2545–2559.
39. Patel A, MacMahon S, Chalmers J (eds) et al. The ADVANCE Collaborative Goup. Intensive blood glucose kontrol and Vascular Outcomes in type 2 diabetes. ADVANCE N Engl J Med 2008; 358(24): 2560–2569.
40. Finfer S, Chittock DR, Su SY (eds) et al. The NICE-SUGAR Study Investigators. Intensive versus Conventional Glucose Control in Critically Ill Patients. N Engl J Med 2009; 360(13): 1283–1297.
41. Gerstein HC, Bosch J, Dagenais GR (eds) et al. The Origin Trial Investigators. Basal Insulin and Cardiovascular and Other Outcomes in Dysglycemia. N Engl J Med 2012; 367(4): 319–328.
42. Trajenta® (linagliptin) tablets. EMA Summary of Product Characteristics. Approval 25 September 2011. Dostupné z WWW: <http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/EPAR_-Product_Information/human/002110/WC500115745.pdf>.
43. Vilsboll T, Rosenstock J, Yki-Järvinen H et.al. Efficacy and safety of sitagliptin when added to insulin therapy in patients with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Obes Metab 2010; 12(2): 167–177.
44. Zaruba MM, Theiss HD et al. Synergy between CD26/DPP-IV inhibition and G-CSF improves cardiac function during acute myocardial infarction. Cell Stem Cell 2009; 4(4): 313–323.